Adding this recipe for posterity. I know that I made this recipe in the context of making a healthy meal, but for the life of me I can’t recall what sort of reviews it got. I believe it was well-received. I will make sure to update this post if I end up making this again.
24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
8 oz frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
3 scallions, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
salt to taste
(1) Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.
(2) Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
(3) Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
(4) Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred.
(5) Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
(6) Serve over rice or tortillas and with your favorite toppings
Original Source – Skinny Taste