6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, sliced and separated into half-rings
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10.5 or 10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 bag (12 ounce) of dumpling noodles
Phase 1, Quick – “Cooking the Chicken”
(1) Place chicken in the slow cooker crock. Top with 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with taco seasoning mix.
(2) Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 10 hours.
(3) Use two forks and shred up the chicken into smaller chunks.
Phase 2, More Involved – “Making the Pasta and Sauce”
(4) Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium or medium-high heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Pour mixture over the cooked, shredded chicken in the slow cooker and mix everything together.
(5) Cover, and continue to cook on Low until chicken in fork tender and the sauce has thickened, about 1 additional hour.
(6) While the sauce is thickening, boil some water and add the dumpling noodles to the water. Strain the noodles once they’re done boiling.
(7) Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl and serve.