This was an experimental recipe, attempting to combine two (, , and ) previous recipes I posted. All in all I think this turned out very well – better than my last experimental recipe, anyways. The biggest “note” here is just that “Phase 2” below is a non-trivial step, so you should read through that section first just so you can leave yourself adequate time to make the sauce before meal time.
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 package (1 oz) mild taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, sliced and separated into half-rings
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10.5 or 10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 bag (12 ounce) of dumpling noodles
Phase 1, Quick – “Cooking the Chicken”
(1) Pour taco seasoning mix, Italian seasoning, chili powder and paprika into the slow cooker crock. Place chicken in the slow cooker crock on top of the spices and top everything with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
(2) Toss/mix the chicken in the spices, assuring that they’re fairly evenly distributed over the chicken.
(2) Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 10 hours.
(3) Use two forks and shred up the chicken into smaller chunks.
Phase 2, More Involved – “Making the Pasta and Sauce”
(4) Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium or medium-high heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Pour mixture over the cooked, shredded chicken in the slow cooker and mix everything together.
(5) Cover, and continue to cook on Low until chicken in fork tender and the sauce has thickened, about 1 additional hour.
(6) While the sauce is thickening, boil some water and add the dumpling noodles to the water. Strain the noodles once they’re done boiling.
(7) Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl and serve.
Leave a Reply