1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
sesame seeds to taste
1 cup of rice
(1) Spread chicken into the crock of a slow cooker.
(2) Stir honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced onion, vegetable oil, and garlic powder together in a bowl; pour over the chicken.
(3) Cook on Low until the chicken is tender, 3 to 4 hours.
(4) Mix the rice with 2 cups of water, boil it, and let it sit on low for about 20 minutes. In the mean time, proceed with steps 5 through 8.
(5) Remove chicken from the sauce in the slow cooker to a cutting board. Stir water and cornstarch together to dissolve cornstarch completely; pour into the sauce in the slow cooker until smooth.
(6) Cook on High until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
(7) Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and stir into the sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken and sauce mixture.
(8) Serve the chicken over rice
Original source – https://allrecipes.com/